Friday, June 11, 2010

Droplets On My Shoulder


Deeds of your own mischief’s,
Is nothing but a transparent lie,
And it might start to rain outside,
But droplets won’t fall from the sky,
And I might not see your face again tonight,
As there are better things to do in life,
And I might watch a rain drop slide,
From my window pane towards my eyes,
And people below me shall think,
That I might cry but the chances are none,
And I might light up the sky tonight,
As there are better things to do in life,
And I might just turn off the light,
Sit back and watch as meteors collide,
And if the world would end tonight,
I might just see a snail crawl out of sight,
As there are better things to do in life,
But I might still see your face in those droplets,
As it slides from my window pane to my eyes,
And I might just feel you for some time,
Even if it’s an illusion I might not feel better,
But who wants to do better things in life,
When you know that I might rather live a lie,
Then watch you sit around, flicker and die,
And I might say your name aloud,
Towards this deep hollow sky,
As the echo of your name,
Might rain a few droplets on my shoulders,
And I might just sit there for a while,
As you are much better than this life,
And I might just live you tonight.

1 comment:

  1. there is a lyrical melody to this, a song playing a tune of desperate hope and longing :) great visuals, easily sucked into the meloncholy mood

    ReplyDelete